I've coded games and web toys for Comedy Central UK, Publicis, and Nokia.
I worked at Trinity Mirror's British Media Award-winning UsVsTh3m for more than a year, which isn't bad considering it was an experiment designed to last three months.
However, I'm not currently taking on new work in this area. Here's the Vault of Old Projects.
Old projects and posts, in no particular order. Be warned: they may be outdated, broken or embarrassing by now.
- Infinite Adam Curtis –“Four years earlier, in the future, in the corridors of power, a seemingly inconsequential moment…”
- The British Hammer Time Speaking Clock – “At the stop, Hammer Time will be…”
- Emojli – the first emoji-only network.
- The Star Wars Weather Forecast – 'It's like Hoth out here.'
- Shakespeare.txt.jpg – an experiment with JPEG compressing text.
- The Magical Mystical Ley Line Locator – do you live on an "energy highway"?
- The Quiet Carriage Proficiency Test.
- The Vengabus Timetable.
- The Helvetica Logo Agency.
- Startup Ketamines: demotivational posters for startup culture.
- Cwora – like Quora, only much more sarcastic.
- Europlop! – Tim and I argue about music that isn't worth arguing about.
- Cash4Access – get up close and personal with your favourite politicians!
- Journalism Warning Labels – making newspaper reading that much safer.
- Comedy Donor Card – I want to help others laugh in the event of my death.
- Trapped in Sticker Factory, Send Help – these stickers went all over the world.
- Game Shows With Bees – buzz in if you know the answer.
- Extortr – It's what Flickr would be if Flickr were evil. Presented at the Paraflows exhibition, Vienna.
- The Grumpy British Weather Forecast: it's too bloody hot.
- Preparing for Emergencies – From mid-2004: Remember the British Government's terror advice leaflet? This isn't quite it. The British government were "considering legal action" over this at one point, but decided not to after the Guardian, Daily Mail, BBC, and a whole lot of other news media got interested...
- Soul Compare: get the most for your soul!
- Evil – displays the phone numbers of unsuspecting Facebookers. No, seriously.
- The End of History: On a Budget – an answer to the £500 dead squirrel beer.
- Actual Facebook Graph Searches.
- Klouchebag – the standard for asshattery.
- Your Startup is Doomed: and here's why.
- Advent Locker – one prize a day in an Amazon Locker!
- Olympic Defence – help the mascots shoot down protests!
- CharityShock – donate money, give someone an electric shock.
- Students' Union Induction Talks – in which I dress like a pirate and make the greatest entrance of my life.
- Sexual Congress – which US politician is most attractive? Vote. Find out.
- This Is My Spam – like This Is My Jam, but less annoying.
- The Analogizer – Journalists! Need useless, confusing analogies? Here you go.
- Smug Kookaburras – the most self-satisfied of all birds.
- What's Osama Bin Watchin'? – possibly the most tasteless thing I've ever made.
- Tweleted – once upon a time, it recovered deleted tweets. No longer.
- Your lawmakers are probably not senile. Good news.
- The 2010 "Editing Wikipedia From Inside Parliament" Awards.
- Buntify – instant Royal Wedding patriotism for any web site.
- Camptown News Greasemonkey Script – doo-dah, doo-dah.